Sunday, April 4, 2010

Countdown to Egypt

My graduation is 19 days away and our move to Egypt for Michael's Arabic study abroad is 20 days away! That's right, one day after I graduate, we are out of here! We're getting pretty excited! We've sold our apartment contract so we'll move our stuff out and put it in storage a few days before we leave. We will miss our family and I think I will miss the United States and the normalcy I'm used to, but we're ready for an adventure and learning to navigate in a whole new environment. I'm glad Michael speaks Arabic--he will make life a lot easier while we're traveling to and living there. We're waiting to find out if he got the scholarship he applied for to see if we'll be there a full year or just the 3 months with his BYU program. We should be finding out the end of this month, which means we may be over there already before we find out.

One more week of class, one research project and 20 page paper to finish, 800 more NCLEX practice questions to do, and one take home final exam and I'll have completed my BS in Nursing. Wow, sounds stressful when I put it that way! It's going to be a busy next two weeks.

We've had a nice Easter and General Conference weekend. Michael's parents came into town for the weekend so we got to spend time with them, Trent and Adrienne, Steven, and Grandma and Grandpa Pope. We spent the night at Grandma and Grandpa's with everyone Saturday night and spent Easter Sunday there watching General Conference and we had a delicious Easter dinner. It's always so nice to be with family.

I just got back Wednesday night from my sister Maelyn's wedding in St. Lucia in the Caribbean! It was a fabulous trip! I stayed with my Mom and Dad in their hotel and my brother Joseph and his wife Lorie came too. Maelyn and Peter got married on Monday, March 29th in a beautiful gazebo on an ocean resort. It was a very sweet ceremony. In our time there, we had fun together touring the island, swimming in the ocean, kayaking, eating yummy food, and riding the zip line through the rain forest. It was hard to come back to real life after such a nice vacation, but I'm back and I think I'm adjusted again after having vacation withdrawal symptoms.

No comments:

Post a Comment